Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pile of quilts bound…check!

I had five quilts waiting to be bound.  I had even actually sewn the binding on, just needed to fold it over and sew it down.  Seriously, why do I put things off like this?  I got them all done today!

2013-11-06 004 (2)

So this is one of my favorite ones to finish this weekend.  Of course Milo has to help me out by sitting on the newly laundered quilt.  Anyone else out there have to wash a quilt after finishing it??

2013-11-06 005

I mean seriously I toss them straight into the washer when they are done.

2013-11-06 010

I am loving these colors…the fabric is from Connecting Threads a few years ago and the leaf print is the same in lots of colors. 

2013-11-06 025

I’m using up scraps so the back is strips of leftover fabrics that I had “stashed”. 

2013-11-06 027

I even used scraps of the fabric for binding it too!  Don’t you just love it when you pick off all the pieces of thread and fuzz off before the picture and then post a pic with a giant fuzz ball or piece of string?  Let’s just pretend that string is not in this picture, OK?

2013-11-06 024

I might be linking to these great parties!

signature21

9 comments:

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

Beautiful! I love the bright colours. Making a quilt is on my goal list for next winter and I find it quite intimidating.

The Crafting Foodie said...

What a beautiful quilt! The colors are amazing.

Staci said...

That is adorable. I love that you used scraps. Way to go. Your dog is darling too.

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Fab use of colour and how gorgeous is Milo? :D

Jill said...

That is one BEAUTIFUL quilt Ellen! I LOVE all the bright colours!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous and colorful blanket!

Navy Wifey Peters @ USS Crafty

PugMom said...

Your quilt is beautiful, fun and happy. Of course, your gorgeous Milo just makes the photo even better! Does it get any better than pugs and quilts? I don't think so. Pugs and kisses, Nancy from PugMom Quilts! with Romeo, Elvis and LarryPug

living room design said...

awesome

Jami said...

Beautiful work on those quilts! Thanks you so much for sharing them at the Tuesday To Do Party at The Blackberry Vine!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com