Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thrifting here and there

Here’s a few great deals I found in the past couple weeks…

2013-09-18 001

The wool throw I found at the Restore in Loveland, Colorado for $1.  It had a big red X on one side, looked like it was marker.  I took a chance and stain treated the throw, tossed it in the washer and it looks perfect!  The pillow is a $3 find at Lowes…it had some dirty spots on it, but cleaned right up with a damp washcloth. Love how they look together.  The blue basket is a $1 find, it holds Milo’s toys and can usually be found turned on its side like this!

100_8925

OK, so the pitcher is not a thrifty find, I made it when I was in high school maybe.  My mom just gave it to me, she has always displayed it proudly at home.  I had made some type of handle for it when I first made it, but don’t remember what it even looked like.  So I found a handle for it!  It was a mere $1 and came with a flat glass dish, which I re-donated to the thrift store where I found it. So, anyway, I love the way it looks and that it fits perfectly!

2013-09-29 015

I found this great pillow cover at a thrift store, the pillow form inside was new, still in the store bag and there was a lace trimmed white pillowcase inside as well. I thought this was a great score for $2. 

2013-09-29 019

I found a plain chenille bedspread for $2 at Salvation Army.  I am going to use it to make some pillows covers!

2013-09-27 018

The new curtains in the guest bedroom I made from two XL twin sheets…I bought two XL twin sheet sets (grey and white wiggly plaid) and used the flat sheets to make the curtains and threw the pillow cases onto pillows for the bed.  And I have the fitted sheets to make something out of as well if I so decide. 2013-09-27 013

The bed looks so inviting now!  Love all the grey, turquoise and the red.

2013-09-24 002

$18 I paid for this fern stand.  Love it, but it’s painted gloss white, so I am working on refinishing it.  I always have a ton of plants I bring in before the first frost so this will come in handy.

2013-09-24 003

I bought this power tool stand (Craftsman) for $1 at Restore.  I bought it for the legs, probably will make a stool or a small table. 

I might be linking to these great parties!

 

signature21

1 comment:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Great stuff Elllen! I especially LOVE the pillow bargains and the Chenille! Woohoo!