Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hoop Wall Art with Fabric Remnants

100_8781

I’ve been working on this project for almost a year…collecting the hoops from auctions, thrift stores and flea markets. I still think this wall needs some of the smallest hoops, maybe 2-3 more.

100_8783

But other than that I am calling it done!  Some of the fabric is vintage, some is new, the patchwork one is made from scraps from this bunting I made for my great nephew’s first birthday party.

100_8782

Some of the fabric is vintage, most of it is new…some of the hoops are vintage.  The oval one hanging above the bed is a quilting hoop, it was cruddy when I bought it at an auction for $2, but it cleaned right up with Murphy’s Oil Soap. 

100_8785

The chevron fabric is leftover from the stool cushion I recovered.

100_8786

All these fabrics are vintage. I thought they looked great grouped together.

100_8794

I’m loving how homey (not homely!) the splashes of different color make this corner feel. 

100_8809

OK, so now be honest with me…what do you think?  Is it too much?

I will be linking to some of these great parties…Thanks for stopping by today!

signature21

6 comments:

Jill said...

What great wall art Ellen! I think they all look fabulous and go really well together!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love these embroidery hoop art projects and your vignettes are fabulous. How fun. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I was at a friend's yesterday and she had several of these on a wall and I liked the look of it. I took a photo for inspiration for my house. We have many blank walls since we remodeled AND we have no carpeting in our house anymore. I think some soft wall art might help absorb sound when we have parties. I'm going to be on the look out for hoops and fabric! Pinned!

Danielle said...

So fun!! I've done this with my leftover fabric too! =) I found you at the Feature Friday Linky Party... Hope you have a great weekend!

Danielle
SewMuchCrafting.com

Mommy Evolution said...

I wanted to invite you to the Friday Flash Blog Party, the best linky in town! I hope you'll join us and link up. Who knows. You may just get highlighted!

The party goes on ALL weekend.

Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution
www.thejennyevolution.com

jelly andrews said...

How I love it. Those wall arts are so gorgeous. Those are the perfect pieces for your wall. And I am quite inspired to make some for my wall too.