Friday, May 31, 2013

Chevron, Floral and Giraffe Pillows…Oh my!

IMG_8586

Mom’s been staying at my house for a week…tomorrow I take her back home. It has been great and I always love it when she comes to my house.  She had a few small projects for me to do while she was here. 

100_7801

It’s funny though, she didn’t even know this was one of those projects.  She has recently painted and had some work done in her home and she was telling me about it.  She talked about how she wanted to add some color to her living room.  So, we took a stroll through the Hobby Lobby fabric section…I suggested pillows to brighten up the room as they are inexpensive and easy to change around if you decide you don’t like the color combo. 

100_7802

Her couch is dark brown leather and she has pale green walls.  So this is what I came up with!  We have two red chevron pillows in different shapes/sizes, one giraffe print and a bright large floral print.

100_7803

I love the prints together and think they will look as great on her couch as they do on mine.  Hmmm, maybe, just maybe I should keep them!   I have my own super simple way to make pillows (no zippers, easy insertion and removal of the pillows, just two seams) and four of these took 1 hour to make.   I’m working on a tutorial for my technique to share too.

100_7797

I might be linking to some/all of these great parties! 

signature21

15 comments:

jennifer said...

Yep, those pillows are sure to brighten her living room! I'll look forward to reading the tutorial when it is done-- I need to add color and contrast to my couch and living room too!

jess said...

i love the combo!!

With A Blast said...

They look great together! Love it :-)

Shelly said...

Oh how I wish sewing machines and I got along!! This looks fantastic!!! Great combination. And you wouldn't think so, but it is!

Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase!

Shelly-CoHost
Minettesmaze.blogspot.com

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Those are really fun! I love that giraffe fabric! Thanks for linking it up at Monday Funday!

Paula Parrish said...

Love your new pillows, I have been thinking that our living room could use some pop of a new color. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

They turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Crystelle Boutique said...

Looks like you and your mother had some fun times together!.... :)


hugs xx Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What a great way to add color and texture to a room. The giraffe print is so fun next to the bright chevron!

Chubby Chieque said...

I do hope to find the right color for my home to brighten up too.

Chevron is the project and hope to start with it soon.

Lucky you, having mother dear beside you. I just lost my dear Mum 6 months ago.

GB to you both.

Greetings,
/CC girl

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

What a fun project to do with your Mom! I hope she loves her new pillows. Awesome chevron fabric!!

Jenny
Seamingly Smitten sewing patterns
www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com

Chelsea B. said...

Loving the chevron pillows! Thanks for sharing!
Pattern Party starts the 1st of each month.
Get Your Crap Together

Maria Elena said...

Love, love your pillows! How pretty!
I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

The pillows lighten the whole room up! Very nice.

So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

Have a wonderful week~
Sharon and Denise!

Follow us:
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

Stephanie said...

I love the shape of those pillows!